About Me

My photo
I am a housewife juggling kids, husband, housework and life while doing it with a Christ-like attitude.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A day WE will never forget!

Friday, December 14, 2012 will always be remembered as a day of tragedy. The Sandy Hook shooting that took the lives of 20 children and 6 adults shouldn't have ever happened. Children should feel safe when going to school.
I say this as a person, who worked in schools from the age of 18 till I had my youngest daughter. The morning of this dark day I made a statement that will stick with me forever. I told my husband, "Today we get to spend the day together knowing our children are safe at school." Who knew I would later think about what I said with a hole in my heart. 

I will never be able to forget about these hero's who died protecting children. I will never be able to forget about the 20 innocent angels, who met their end way too soon! 

Parents are now forced to bury their precious babies. A task no parent ever plans on doing, or saves for. With that said I want to help in any way I can. In our shop we are selling a bracelet where all profits are going to help fund these funerals. For every bracelet sold $5 will be donated. As more are sold, the amount donated will go up. 

If buying a bracelet isn't something you care to do than I urge you to make a donation on your own. Visit United Way's website where it will give you donation options. I am not doing this to make a profit of any sort. I am doing this as a parent and teacher, who feels the need to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment